Warming, comforting and delicious – Roasted sweet potato and coconut soup
Recipe – Serves 5
- 1 white onion
- 1 tsp pureed garlic
- 1 leek
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Dice up the sweet potato, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in a preheated oven for 25minutes at 180 degrees
- Meanwhile, in a pot heat a tbsp of olive oil and sweat off your onion,garlic and leek until translucent.
- Once your sweet potato is roasted, add to your saucepan and cover with vegetable stock. Bring this to the boil and allow cook until soft.
- Add in your coconut milk towards the end and heat slowly- I find if you let the coconut milk vigourosly boil it will cause it to split.
- Then, blitz with your soup gun / stick blender until smooth.
- Bring back to the boil and enjoy served with some homemade brown bread or scones.