Recipe: Makes 1 x 2lb loaf tin
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g brown sugar
- 200g chopped dates
- 60g walnuts
- 180ml boiling water
- 60g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp breadsoda
- 2 bananas
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin and preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the dates, butter, boiling water and sugar and allow your dates to soften and butter to melt.
- Then, add your walnuts, egg, mashed banana ( just 1) and sift in your flour, salt and bread soda.
- Stir to combine and once all mixed through transfer into your prepared tin.
- Peel and slice the second banana and arrange on top of the cake batter.
- Bake in your oven for 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Delicious served slightly warm with a cup of tea.