Recipe: Serves 4
- 195 g plain flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 195ml milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter – (allow to cool)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- Melt your butter in the microwave and allow cool slightly.
- In a measuring jug, lightly beat the milk and egg together and then add your melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat gently until all combined.
- Heat a non – stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt a knob of butter.
- Ladle out the batter in spoonfuls – it will appear to be very thick but this is what you want.
- Allow the base of the pancake to cook well and for bubbles to appear before turning them.
- I cooked three at a time in a large frying pan.
- Stack them up and serve with your choice of toppings – Would highly recommend fresh fruit and berries, natural yogurt and some maple syrup.