Recipe: Makes 12
- 375 g plain flour
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 215 g frozen raspberries
- 120g dark chocolate
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line your muffin tin.
- In a bowl, gently toss together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until they are combined.
- In your whisking bowl, combine brown sugar, caster sugar and eggs and whisk until a paler colour.
- Mix in your buttermilk and sunflower oil and combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and fold together gently by hand.
- The batter will be quite thick at this stage, once all the flour is combined add in your raspberries and dark chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mix into your muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for 3 days.