Recipe (Serves 4)
- Olive oil
- 4 Pork chops
- 1 Leek
- 1 White onion
- 125g sliced mushroom
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 250 ml Chicken stock
- Splash of White wine
- 250ml Crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a frying a pan and once pan is hot add in pork chops, season and allow to brown.
- Remove once sealed and browned on both sides. Do not wash/ rinse the pan as using the juices etc from the pork will enhance the flavour of the dish.
- Add in onions and leeks and fry off until golden brown and soft.
- Then add mushrooms and finely chopped rosemary and once softened return pork chops to frying pan.
- Add in 1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard, 250ml chicken stock and splash of white wine to cover the pork chops and allow for them to cook.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 25mins until pork chops are cooked through.
- Finally add the crème fraiche and allow sauce to come to the boil. (If you need to thicken it, do so with cornflour and season to taste).
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.