Multi Seed brown scones – delicious warm from the oven with butter and some homemade raspberry jam!
Recipe makes approx 12 medium sized scones
- 300g Self raising flour
- 300g Wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- handful of mixed seeds
- 75 g margerine
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Extra buttermilk and seeds for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees.
- In a bowl combine self raising flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar margerine and mixed seeds.
- Rub the margerine into the dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next, make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in your wet ingredients.
- Mix gently with your hand until it forms a soft dough. Be careful not to overmix it at this stage.
- Flour your work surface and turn your dough out.
- Flatten to about an inch high and then using your scone cutter cut out your scones.
- Place on a tray lined with parchment.
- Using a pastry brush brush each scone with milk and sprinkle with some mixed seeds to finish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for 20 minutes.